Wednesday 24 September 2014

Gadaikallu trek

Gadaikallu 

My First trekking experience way back in 2009 and I am writing about it in 2014.! I don't need to dig into memory to recall all that happened in the trek but definitely need to dig into my HDD for the photos. :)

In our entire group none of them had a camera and the best camera was a 2MP camera in the cell phone. However, to carry memories you don't need a camera. We were all not that serious about trekking etc when we went there and it was just for fun and a new experience we went for the trek. With no idea about trekking, had not carried enough water and all we had is half litre water per person for entire trek!

With some extra pounds and fat in body, I was the slowest to trek and I was the one who found it difficult to trek through even though its not a tough path. But, somewhere I still feel nice about my first trek when I look back.

Gadaikallu is one of the few trekking places available in Dakshina Kannada district and is present in Belthangady Taluk. The place is also called as Jamalabad fort as the rock and the fort is named by Tippu sulthan after he conquered it. Most part of the trek route, steps are present and some feel it as an advantage but I would say they hurt your knee since the height of each step is too much.. 

Gadaikallu gives a pretty decent trekking experience and definitely can visit once if you are near by. During summer scorching sun burns you and hence going early morning is preferred. Also, Carry enough water. (After this trek, the first thing i make sure in every trek is to have enough water :P and this is what I mainly learnt from the trek :) )

How to reach?
Even though own vehicle is most convenient option to visit this place, there are buses available from Belthangady to Manjotti. But frequency of buses is very low.

Photos - 





No comments:

Post a Comment